Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strange Beautiful Life

Surfer Alan Stokes and film maker Tim Davies have collaborated on a new online film project titled Strange Beautiful Life. With episode one, Take me to the sun, due for release anytime now we thought we would catch up with the pair and see what makes them tick and what the project is all about.

Alan Stokes on the project:

“This project for me was something that I have wanted to pursue for some time. Being a surfer travelling around the world, seeing all these cool places and rad waves, this project is a way for me to share these experiences.

I’m also really interested in capturing moments on film, it makes you look at the world in a completely different light. I guess you’re trying to paint some kind of a picture for others to enjoy and I love the thought of that.

Strange Beautiful Life; these words have been banging around in my head for some time now, don't know why, I just like the way it provokes meaning. These have been the words I have lived by for the last year, so it seemed a fitting title to the project and the only way I could get them to stop banging!

Tim and I go way back, he's a classic Welshie, wears his heart on his sleeve and lives life to the full. I like to surf a lot, he does too but he also likes to make films. Strange Beautiful Life is an on-going project and we can’t wait to see where it takes us in the future.

I hope you enjoy watching, I hope it makes you feel like surfing.”

Film and editor Tim Davies

''I have been filming, travelling and surfing with Stokesy for years now and needless to say we have a blast! Then one day in Costa Rica it was like a lightning bolt striking us both, eyes glazed from Mojito's and sea salt we decided to do a series.

Stokesy's really focused on pushing his surfing and has been blowing me away lately with his ability to mix technical surfing with style and grace. I just love to entertain people through visual art and with all the ideas and destinations we have planned for the series its only going to get better and better.''


No comments:

Post a Comment